What is semi-permanent makeup?
It’s a non-surgical treatment that simulates perfectly applied make-up. I apply it with a medical grade machine, or hand held instrument. The pigments I use are mainly Li Pigments, that have a great name throughout the industry and are all FDA approved.
Does it hurt?
Topical anesthetic is applied prior to procedure.To help numb the pain, for some clients it can be a little uncomfortable as everyone has different pain levels. Some clients take pain relief tablets prior to the procedure. You will find the benefits far out weight any discomfort. Your comfort is of great importance to us.
How Long Does It Take?
Around an hour but treatment times vary according to what is required.
How Long Will It Last?
Skin types and external factors contribute to the length of time that the pigments last. Normal you will get1 year to 18 months before you need a touch up of your colour I recommend you have a touch up annually in order to keep your colour looking fresh
What Can I Expect straight after the treatment?
Treated areas will initially look slightly dark and lighten after a few days. A month after your initial treatment, a follow-up appointment is made, and any adjustments will be completed then. Sometimes there is a little swelling but cold compresses are great. Some clients find it no problem to go straight back to work.
Who Is It Suitable For?
Anyone and everyone! I have applied permanent make up to all ages 18-80years. Many women find that it saves them precious time every morning, gives the face a ‘younger’ and healthier looking appearance and has the obvious benefit of staying on 24/7.
- Cosmetic tattooing cannot be applied to pregnant or breast feeding women.
- You must follow your home care instructions as you may interfere with the color taking if you don’t.
- If using Retin A cream you will need to stop 3 weeks prior to your treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, fever blisters or any other type of sore on your lips you may get a recurrence of these conditions after you have lip treatments.
- It is important to note that the virus always lies dormant in the skin and trauma or stress can activate it.
- We recommend a course of anti-viral cold sore treatment Zovirax or lysine tablets for at least a week before your treatment these are available from your local pharmacy or consult your doctor for other methods of cold sore prevention/breakouts.
LOOK YOUR BEST
with Elysian Beauty's cosmetic eyebrow, eye and lip tattooing.